Bag It wants to celebrate World Oceans Day – June 8 – with you! For each refreshing dip in the pure blue, every seafood dinner, those snorkeling, surfing and scuba-diving vacations – even to that glass of fresh water and the shower after an active day – Dear Ocean: Here’s To You!
TEN THINGS YOU CAN DO NOW!
1. COMMIT to being an ocean steward. Take the 7C’s Pledge: The Ocean Project
2. LEARN all you can about ocean issues and why they matter.
3. DO more with less. Consume less of our planet’s precious resources
4. EAT only sustainable seafood.
5. WATCH an ocean film with friends. A few we recommend:
6. PICK up plastic litter. No matter where you live, storm water carries trash debris to the sea.
7. STOP using single use plastic bags and water bottles.
8. SUPPORT your favorite ocean awareness or conservation group; Even $10 makes a difference. We suggest supporting:
9. MAKE your voice heard. Tell your government representatives you want them to protect our ocean.
10. CELEBRATE your personal connection to the wonders of the sea; the life blood of our planet!
And click on the following links for suggestions: